London Global Table: Sep 29th 2010
MATTERS IN THE AIR …. Reminding each other of opportunities before us:
Welcome to those present.
1] a) ROBIN SMITH offers for comment a paper describing how whoever issues new money is actually the modern day landlord. https://docs.google.com/Doc?ocid=0AZSHdsI4Ysi_ZGNoaGZudDlfOTk3ZnBzcGZuZmo&hl=en_GB This is attempting to identify the integral nature of land and money.
b) TONY MAY -NB. 1st Party to have Location value and Money reform in its manifesto www.cpaparty.org.uk Please take time to examine the Manifesto for its approaches to systemic change.
2. THE FINANCE LAB Assembly of 150 people – OUTCOMES. https://mail.google.com/mail/?shva=1#inbox/12b3f395061b4a56 another site to examine with care
3. Douglas Carswell MP second reading on monetary reform on November 19th http://www.positivemoney.org.uk/2010/09/douglas-carswell-mp-introduces-bill-to-stop-fractional-reserve-banking/ Text of the bill can be seen. It has been worked on by Jesus Huerta de Soto, who has a very solid understanding of fractional reserve banking. POSITIVE MONEY will be pushing this as far as we can – more very soon.
4. FOURTEENTH BROMSGROVE CONFERENCE Oct 29-31
5. CCMJ Annual Meeting Oct 23rd ‘How fares the World with usury? An invitation is extended to anyone who wishes to write 250 words in relation to the title.
6.Campaign for Economic Justice [CEJ] reporting
7. Call4Reform campaign now rebranded as ‘POSITIVE MONEY’ Call4Reform Ben at the AMI Conference this week
8. Book launch at the LSE on 4th October 6.30pm in The Old Theatre, Old Building – The book is “Crisis and Recovery: Ethics, Economics and Justice” written by Rowan Williams and Larry Elliott (Economics Editor of the Guardian). There is a debate “piggy backing” the book launch entitled “Can Capitalism ever be moral” and Jon Cruddas MP is on the panel.
9. Keep in touch with the Forum for Stable Currency’ present activities http://sabinemcneill.blog.com/forum-for-stable-currencies/ where Sabine is making the link between the parts of the ‘pincer movement’ with Compensator of Last Resort on Victims Unite!
PERTINENT PICKINGS from the week
Three events in the London region. https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=gmail&attid=0.1&thid=12b541f55398f470&mt=application/msword&url=https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui%3D2%26ik%3Db2967a
A SIGNIFICANT SUMMARY OF FINANCIAL CHANGE PUT TO INDIAN PM – MUKTAR ALAM
CHANGING THE MODEL OF THE NORTH – MichAel Hudson – http://www.counterpunch.org/hudson09202010.html
Basel 3 – Tightening the Noose – Ellen Brown http://tinyurl.com/33c9xy2
LET THE ENVIRONMENT GOVERN THE HUMAN MIND-SHIFT – Johan Rockstrom http://preview.tinyurl.com/2wxw8aa a vivid 18 minutes on danger and opportunity
www.fouryearsgo.org FOUR YEARS GO is a campaign to shift the current trends of humanity by 2014 so that we will be headed on a path toward an environmentally sustainable, socially just, and spiritually fulfilling future on this planet.
Janos Abel writes :Albus’s book should be required reading for all environmentally concerned activists. No measure aimed at saving our world from our folly can succeed unless the destructive economic practices are abandoned.- Preface and last chapter herewith
Banking is a form of bloodless warfare. Unless, of course, things really fall apart. Then the gun thugs are sent into to “restore order” or “bring democracy to the region.” Things haven’t gotten to this point in Europe, but this fascinating story about Swedish banks, the IMF and Latvian mortgage payers, reveals the dark underbelly of the international financial system. Woe to the naive. It’s a jungle out there. Video: http://www.realecontv.com/page/571.html
Christian and Buddhists statement on Greed http://tiny.cc/c4wac
“Manufacturing Dissent”: the Anti-globalization Movement is Funded by the Corporate Elites. The People’s Movement has been Hijacked. Michel Chossudovsky www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=21110
Crash Course In Resilience http://www.yesmagazine.org/issues/a-resilient-community/crash-course-in-resilience by Sarah van Gelder Sep 17, 2010 “To cherish what remains of the Earth and to foster its renewal is our only legitimate hope of survival.” -Wendell Berry “When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.” -Victor Frankl
“Basel III: Tightening the Noose on Credit” http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ellen-brown/basel-iii-tightening-the-_b_719536.html
SARKOZY – http://tarpley.net/2010/09/22/at-un-french-president-sarkozy-demands-financial-transaction-tax-on-banks-tobin-genie-now-out-of-the-bottle-worldwide-time-to-mobilize-against-finance-capital-on-this-issue/
Ellen Brown latest A Solution to the Federal Debt Crisis? Time for Helicopter Ben to Drop Some Money on Mainstream http://tinyurl.com/37y58k2
Global Collapse of the Fiat Money System: Too Big To Fail Global Banks Will Collapse Between Now and First Quarter 2011 When Quantitative Easing Has Run Its Course and Fails – Matthias Chang www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=20853 from Global Research, August 31, 2010
THE OTHER DEBT CRISIS http://blogs.worldwatch.org/greeneconomy/the-other-debt-crisis
We continue to wrestle with the following question: is it possible to build economies that provide ample jobs, without stoking the fires of consumption? What will provide job creation if people are not spending as much on personal consumption? Below, we offer some basic principles and […] http://blogs.worldwatch.org/greeneconomy/jobs-and-environment-discussion-series-principles-for-threading-the-needle/
Islamic thought – Hizb ut-Tahrir Britain’s new website – www.hizb.org .uk