The Global Table meets Wednesdays 12noon-2pm at the School of Economic Science, 11-13 Mandeville Place, W1U 3AJ. From Bond Street tube, turn left/west into Oxford Street, when you see GAP on the other side, cross over and go right/north along James Street – after a couple of blocks you will come to it on the left.
This Open Table monitors and encourages a wide range of activities in the realms of inclusive justice and the systemic redesign of the economic systems. The Table agreed a ten minute rule on initial contributions so that discussion of matters raised and other interests can have their share. I encourage people to report in advance the essence of any matter they wish to bring to the table. It would enhance the value of this network if regular readers of key books, journals or sites could make brief reports of any significant findings.
As both dangers and opportunities mount rapidly, we should all keep alert to companions in the way. So at the bottom I’ll add some boxes that mark particular areas of persistent activity.
MATTERS IN THE AIR …. Reminding each other of opportunities before us:
1. B of E Governor’s reply – continuation Bank of England’s website and look at Question 6.
2. CEJ and June conference on contributions to system redesign. NEF dialogue – a report.
3. www.call4reform.org– Ben Dyson with us this week.
4. Caux Initiative on Banking – Chatham House rules discussion – outcome awaited. Challen notes revised.
5. After Growth – Four Propositions http://remediosvaros.posterous.com/life-after-growth-2
6. We urge you to sign the official petition to the Prime Minister to support LVT on the Number 10 Downing Street website: http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/TaxLess4more/
7. Three sites for amazing eye-opening excursions into CHAOS , CONSCIOUSNESS and ECO-LITERACY: A) The Secret Life of Chaos – do find the time – it’s staggering.
B) Jeremy Rifkin – The Empathic State www.youtube.com/watch?v=omVXo3qYSt0
C) Eco-Literacy – MUST visit and explore www.eco-labs.org – see especially ‘Steady State Economics’ graphic.
COMPANIONS IN THE ENDEAVOUR:
• Dialogue in India and Iran – RS
• Ellen Brown: “The Growing Movement for Publicly-owned Banks” http://www.yesmagazine.org/new-economy/the-growing-movement-for-publicly-owned-banks
• Norwich Conference May 1/2 ‘Post-Usury Economy’ PC, AD and CC- details: http://www.norwichconference.com
• A huge resource to visit and absorb: http://sabinemcneill.blog.com/forum-for-stable-currencies/ – Sabine McNeill, Organiser, Forum for Stable Currencies, advocating Economic Democracy through Freedom from National Debt Blogging on behalf of Voters and Taxpayers, and Public Debts with Vested Interest Payments – a 300-year old mechanism with seriously oppressive long term effects – Enforcement of Bank of England Act 1694 an Early Day Motion for grouping cases of oppression, to change the law – 3,100 views Petitioning HM The Queen: Stop the Oppression of the British people – on behalf of victims of our financial, legal and judiciary system Petitioning the Treasury Select Committee: Stop the Crash Crumble to Equalize the Credit Crunch! – 230 signatures and over 10,500 page views, and
• Matthew Slater on The Finance Lab: http://thefinancelab.ning.com/xn/detail/4076506:BlogPost:2307?xg_source=activity ‘Professionalise complementary currencies!’
• GRAND JURY in Common Law http://tinyurl.com/yfsy7cb
• AN ALTRUISTS COMMUNITY – Robin Upton at the Table April 14 or 21st. Working for love not money. We are an optimistic, positive community with members from both the under- and the over-developed world. We are united by our commitment that a money-centred struggle for personal gain is no way to make the world a better place. We try to ignore money but put people at the heart of what we do, concentrating on what will be of real benefit to others. www.altruists.org.
• http://people.thetransitioner.org/video/the-economic-crisis-and-what An important video by Bernard Lietaer on the understanding of why the economy needs the complementary currencies to emerge.
• Ld Skidelsky finds Werner’s ideas extremely interesting:
http://www.the-free-lunch.blogspot.com/– Charles Bazlinton
Many blessings for a spiritually deep Passover, Easter, spring celebration or any other way you are celebrating the holiness of the period ahead.