London Global Table: Aug 11th 2010
The Global Table meets Wednesdays 12noon-2pm at the School of Economic Science, 11-13 Mandeville Place, W1U 3AJ. From Bond Street tube, turn left/west into Oxford Street, when you see GAP on the other side, cross over and go right/north along James Street straight into Mandeville Place – you will come to No. 11 as last on the left.
MATTERS IN THE AIR …. Reminding each other of opportunities before us:
1. Robin Smith advocates the study of this http://gco2e.blogspot.com/2010/08/hmm-capitalist-manifesto.html and welcomes responses.
The Capitalist Manifesto is, of course, one of the books informing the development of Binary Economics and its latest book development (the subject has greatly developed in recent years) is Rodney’s The Modern Universal Paradigm. The best way to find out what is happening is to go to http//:www.binaryeconomics.net In the History page you can see something about The Capitalist Manifesto and also see a one hour interview of Louis Kelso by Harold Channer.
2. THE RECOVERY AND RE-ENACTMENT OF SOCIAL CREDIT July 31st, 2010 http://www.hinterlandvoice.com.au/the-recovery-and-re-enactment-of-so… By James Reed ….A brief review such as this one cannot do justice to a truly magnificent book such as Frances Hutchinson’s “Understanding the Financial System: Social Credit Rediscovered” (Jon Carpenter Publishing, Charlbury 2010).
3. Institute for New Economic Thinking INET -https://mail.google.com/mail/?shva=1#inbox/12a3d6c8dc75883b
4.. MAKE A DATE FOR THE FOURTEENTH BROMSGROVE CONFERENCE Please put this date in your diary today: Friday afternoon from 4.30pm, to Sunday lunchtime, 29th to 31st October 2010. If you have never been before, please contact us for an invite.WWW.PROSPERITYUK.COM
5. Booking for CCMJ Annual Meeting Oct 23rd ‘How fares the World with usury?
6. CEJ seminar – report progress on collaboration in identifying the integrity of land and monetary reform. Meeting with NEF on Great Transition.
7. Please deluge them! http://yourfreedom.hmg.gov.uk/restoring-civil-liberties/debt-free-money-for-public-works/idea-view
8. Crisis of Capitalism animation – an attractive presentation by David Harvey produced by the RSA at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOP2V_np2c0 on why capitalism will not work.
9. Quantum Theology – Can we accommodate, in our various extant theological and philosophical perspectives, these principles? One at a time would be hard going – all of them – why that is the quintessential mind-shift required in ‘the fierce urgency of now’. https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0ASt056XkpWNvZGdudHRzNDlfODY5Y2JzanpmZjM&hl=en
10. A new play awakening awareness prepared for local use by Linda Scotson – a report on its first showing- available as DVD
11. End Legal Loan Sharking campaign
PERTINENT PICKINGS from the week ……………….
Ellen Brown posted on Opednews — “WHAT A GOVERNMENT CAN DO WITH ITS OWN BANK:THE REMARKABLE MODEL OF THE COMMONWEALTH BANK OF AUSTRALIA” http://www.opednews.com/articles/WHAT-A-GOVERNMENT-CAN-DO-W-by-Ellen-Brown-100806-475.html
Click here to read The Equality Trust’s July issue of ‘Among Equals’ >
Did you know that in Britain today there is no ceiling on the amount that lenders can charge for credit? The UK’s poorest pay the highest price for credit in Europe and some lenders are charging the equivalent of 3000% APR. This is legal loan sharking, a national scandal which must be stopped. Today a broad coalition of activists, campaigners, citizens groups and MPs have echoed our call for an end to legal loan sharking. Please join them by signing up to our statement. http://action.compassonline.org.uk/endlegalloansharking
Note that ‘Matters in the Air’ for the following Wednesday fall into place as matters arise and can be seen at each stage on http://www.ccmj.org/members/news.php Let Peter know if you have anything to add or ask.
“Escaping the Sovereign Debt Trap: The Remarkable Model of the Commonwealth Bank of Australia” http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ellen-brown/escaping-the-sovereign-de_b_669564.html
This is a new article by Richard Cook centred on the work and ideas of Rudolf Steiner to whom C.H. Douglas referred in his works. I think it is well worth reading.http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=21642
BREAKTHROUGH IN MAINSTREAM MEDIA- THIS NEWSPAPER TOOK 9 MONTHS TO PUBLISH THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://www.heraldscotland.com/business/markets-economy/no-interest-in-a-fairer-society-1.1043417