The Global Table meets Wednesdays 12noon-2pm at the School of Economic Science, 11-13 Mandeville Place, W1U 3AJ. From Bond Street tube, turn left/west into Oxford Street, when you see GAP on the other side, cross over and go right/north along James Street straight into Mandeville Place – you will come to No. 11 as last on the left.
MATTERS IN THE AIR …. Reminding each other of opportunities before us:
Welcome to those present Recent welcome to Lawrence Webb and John Bailey, both of UKIP . This week – Richard Nelson with an update on his pioneering work.
1. Subjects raised by those attending and opportunities before us that need encouragement. Progress on some five submissions to global conferences on BE
2. MAKE A DATE FOR THE FOURTEENTH BROMSGROVE CONFERENCE
Details sent earlier this week.
3. Booking for CCMJ Annual Meeting Oct 23rd ‘How fares the World with usury? An invitation is extended to anyone who wishes to write 250 words in relation to the title.
4. CEJ report
5. To consider a chapter from James Albus’ ‘People’s Capitalism – the economics of the robot revolution see People’s Capitalism
6. Keep abreast of Call4Reform campaign Call4Reform
PERTINENT PICKINGS from the week
Janos Abel writes :Albus’s book should be required reading for all environmentally concerned activists. No measure aimed at saving our world from our folly can succeed unless the destructive economic practices are abandoned.-
Preface and last chapter herewith
Ellen Brown posted on Yes! Magazine — “Homeowners’ Rebellion: Could 62 Million Homes Be Foreclosure-Proof?”
See also www.webofdebt.com
In a Nutshell – causes behind symptoms – Dave Ewoldt, August, 2010
Note that ‘Matters in the Air’ for the following Wednesday fall into place as matters arise and can be seen at each stage on www.ccmj.org/members/news.php
Let Peter know if you have anything to add or ask.
THE OTHER DEBT CRISIS
Dean Baker – Co-Director of the Center for Economic and Policy Research
August 20, 2010 When Wall Street Rules, We Get Wall Street Rules