London Global Table: July 7th 2010
The Global Table meets Wednesdays 12noon-2pm at the School of Economic Science, 11-13 Mandeville Place, W1U 3AJ.
MATTERS IN THE AIR …. Reminding each other of opportunities before us:
1. Global Vision 2000 announces http://www.globalvision2000.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=862&pid=2700#pid2700 a House of Commons meeting.
2. Any follow-up to previous weeks and notice of issues that must be raised as opportunities mount around us.
3. CEJ seminar – report progress on collaboration in identifying the integrity of land and monetary reform
4. Call4Reform and the BofE Act – poised for launch – Leaflet for Compass conference https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=1-BBVlB6VEu9Pm6Cbsonu6gGByby6fvMZC4Sp-1-h5hDyCrCDWYpj6znhmsgs&hl=en
5. Any reports on follow-up to Baroness Kennedy, Michael Meacher, Frank Field, M Hudson, Martin Wolf, Paul Krugman, Paul Watson , Neale Upstone, ‘Dispatches’ Monday 14 June? [You can watch it online if you missed it:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3pzmgejrhE ]
6. Work Fdn report on the ‘Future of Work’ – meeting Will Hutton
7. Some big lies of Science – including the ‘money lie’ extracted from ….. www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=19653
8. The Coalition for Economic Justice is meeting on Basic Income July 21st 6-9 at the School of Economic Science This will focus on the relationship of basic income to the collection of location value and publicly created money supply. The Table has four places in the meeting. Would you wish to take up one of those? First come, first reserved.
9.Robert Howell’s 3 charts as .ppt slides https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=b2967a5256&view=att&th=129a3ded204e6d02&attid=0.1&disp=vah&realattid=f_gb9n8fsh0&zw
10. How could we use this site. Bring your ideas!1 http://yourfreedom.hmg.gov.uk/
PERTINENT PICKINGS from the week ……………….
Economic Crisis: The Next Round of Financial Slaughter – The G-20 Summit Charade – By Matthias Chang www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=19945 Global Research, June 29, 2010
“Trustees of the global commons will say that we all share minds, life and matter, and therefore, no one may own the Earth.” – James Bernard Quilligan – Chairman for the Secretariat of Global Commons Trust, and Chairman for Global Commons Affairs of the International Renewable Energy Organization.
Are you taking part in the Finance Lab? http://thefinancelab.ning.com/ This a piece from the FT which refers to a ‘secret’ IMF report outlining proposals for regulating, reforming or taxing banks. I’ve hardly looked at it, but the Swedes are evidently introducing a levy on the loans on bank balance sheets. I concluded that this was the nearest approximation to capturing seigniorage in the current economic set up. The report is here:- http://media.ft.com/cms/ecc84e08-4d25-11df-baf3-00144feab49a.pdf
See: http://www.the-free-lunch.blogspot.com/ Charles Bazlinton
www.Call4Reform.org is a UK-wide campaign to reform the financial system. We have one request – that the power to create money is taken away from profit-making entities (the high street banks), and returned to the state. Doing so would allow us to: phase out the national debt, saving £100 million per day in interest costs – reduce the tax burden by up to 30%, permanently, or increase government services with no increase in taxation – Save 60% on the cost of public infrastructure projects (such as schools, hospitals and public transport), by removing the need to borrow this money and pay interest over 30 years – Significantly reduce the risk of future financial crises – Significantly improve the stability of the banking sector, protecting depositors and the taxpayer – Create a more stable currency and consequently a more stable economy
NEWS OF MAJOR STEP FORWARD www.bankofenglandact.co.uk/
Note that ‘Matters in the Air’ for the following Wednesday fall into place as matters arise and can be seen at each stage on http://www.ccmj.org/members/news.php Let Peter know if you have anything to add or ask.
David Pidcock and Rodney Shakespeare spread our modest but significant inf by their attendance at…. World Conference on Riba in KL Malaysia November 2010 “The most powerful force in the universe is compound interest.” Albert Einstein http://www.worldribaconference.org/
Exposing the The FED. in just 2 minutes https://mail.google.com/mail/?shva=1#inbox/129a6c604b4651f7
Connie Fogal’s word of Encouragement https://docs.google.com/document/edit?id=1AYebcm26oLr7SXRvYQT7XT0UvpHKcONHoSd1BzTe-Q4#