The Global Table meets Wednesdays 12noon-2pm at the School of Economic Science, 11-13 Mandeville Place, W1U 3AJ. From Bond Street tube, turn left/west into Oxford Street, when you see GAP on the other side, cross over and go right/north along James Street straight into Mandeville Place – you will come to No. 11 as last on the left.
MATTERS IN THE AIR …. Reminding each other of opportunities before us:
1. MAKE A DATE FOR THE FOURTEENTH BROMSGROVE CONFERENCE
Please put this date in your diary today: Friday afternoon from 4.30pm, to Sunday lunchtime, 29th to 31st October 2010. If you have never been before, please contact us for an invite.WWW.PROSPERITYUK.COM
2. Booking for CCMJ Annual Meeting Oct 23rd ‘How fares the World with usury?
3. On July 19th, Will Hutton’s Review of Fair Pay in the Public Sector was launched, calling for evidence, which will be published at http://www.hm-treas¬ury.gov.uk/indreview_ willhutton_fairpay.htm REPRESENTATIONS should be sent, preferably via email, to fairpay. reviewhmtreasury.gsi, gov.uk, or via hard copy to Shafina Malik, Hutton Fair Pay Review,1/E2, HM Treasury,1 Horse Guards Road, London SW1A 2HQ.
4. Global Vision 2000’s report on meeting House of Lords meeting of July 20th
available on UTube RE: The Rise and Fall of Civilisation: Perspectives of Moral Political Economy -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k27pHDk27…mp;index=1
5. CEJ seminar – report progress on collaboration in identifying the integrity of land and monetary reform
6. Call4Reform and the BofE Act – poised for launch – Leaflet for Compass conference https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=1-BBVlB6VEu9Pm6Cbsonu6gGByby6fvMZC4Sp-1-h5hDyCrCDWYpj6znhmsgs&hl=en
7 Any reports on the developments of openings appearing recently.
8. The Coalition for Economic Justice is meeting on Basic Income on
July 21st 6-9 at the School of Economic Science
This will focus on the relationship of basicincome to the collection of location value and publicly created money supply.
9. James Robertson – Newsletter No. 31 – July 2010 The full Newsletter can also be viewed at www.jamesrobertson.com/newsletter.htm.
10. Crisis of Capitalism animation – an attractive presentation by David Harvey produced by the RSA at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOP2V_np2c0 on why capitalism will not work.
11. A new play awakening awareness prepared for local use by Linda Scotson – a report on its first showing- available as DVD
12. Michigan introduces local currency
PERTINENT PICKINGS from the week ……………….
Ellen Brown “Why the U.S. Need Not Fear a Sovereign Debt Crisis:
Unlike Greece, It is Actually Sovereign” http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ellen-brown/why-the-us-need-not-fear_b_656177.html
See: http://www.the-free-lunch.blogspot.com/ Charles Bazlinton
www.Call4Reform.org is a UK-wide campaign to reform the financial system. We have one request – that the power to create money is taken away from profit-making entities (the high street banks), and returned to the state. Doing so would allow us to:
phase out the national debt, saving £100 million per day in interest costs
– reduce the tax burden by up to 30%, permanently, or increase government services with no increase in taxation
– Save 60% on the cost of public infrastructure projects (such as schools, hospitals and public transport), by removing the need to borrow this money and pay interest over 30 years
– Significantly reduce the risk of future financial crises
– Significantly improve the stability of the banking sector, protecting depositors and the taxpayer
– Create a more stable currency and consequently a more stable economy
NEWS OF MAJOR STEP FORWARD www.bankofenglandact.co.uk/
BREAKTHROUGH IN MAINSTREAM MEDIA- THIS NEWSPAPER TOOK 9 MONTHS TO PUBLISH THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://www.heraldscotland.com/business/markets-economy/no-interest-in-a-fairer-society-1.1043417